For someone who doesn’t like many desserts, he flips over this
- 5 oz bittersweet chocolate, broken into pieces
- 2 c heavy cream
- 1/4 c milk
- 1 tsp expresso powder
- 6 egg yolks
- Juice of 1 orange, about 1/4 cup
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 T sugar and kitchen blowtorch if you plan to brulee top
- Preheat oven 325 degrees.
- Place ramekins in a pan.
- Pour cream in a heavy sauce pan and heat to simmer. Add expresso and broken chocolate. Whisk and watch closely. Do not over cook. Remove from heat. Add milk; stir.
- In a small bowl, combine juice of one orange. Add vanilla, sugar and egg yolks; whisk until well incorporated.
- Temper the egg mixture with cream mixture, then stir tempered eggs into cream mixture. Whisk until everything is completely combined and smooth.
- Pour the custard into 6 ramekins in a water bath.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes in 325 degree oven. Custards will be set around the edges and soft in the center.
- Cool completely, then refrigerate, uncovered until cold.
- *If you wish to brulee top, sprinkle sugar evenly over top. (It may help to pick up ramekin and swirl to evenly distribute sugar) Heat with a kitchen torch until caramelized.
Recipe original from Paula at Call Me Pmc © 2012 – 2013 CallMePMc.com – All Rights Reserved "All recipes and images are original and the sole property of CallMePMc.com © 2012-2013, with all rights reserved. All content herein is meant for your personal enjoyment only. Content on CallMePMc.com is in no way to be used for commercial purposes. Other than linking to a page or pinning an image only on Pinterest (complete recipe is not allowed to be copied to Pinterest or any other site), Call Me PMc asks that you do not copy or otherwise use images or original recipes for any other purpose. If you would like to use any of my pictures you must first contact Call Me PMc and get express written permission. Use of this site automatically constitutes your agreement to these terms."