Here’s a snap shot of my life: Tailgating in The Grove, hugging on my baby, the boys acting silly, my sweet dog, Summer, and in The Grove when the boys were younger. I am truly blessed.
A Few Things I’ve learned this year:
1. Do not re-do what you’ve asked your kids to do regardless of how badly you want to!
2. When trying a new recipe, read it not once, not twice, but 3 times before making it
3. When you cook with your kids it’s not about the end result, but the process, that is important. It doesn’t have to be perfect. And, it’s okay if there are no cookies left to bake after eating all the dough!
4. When you don’t think you can run another step much less mile, you can! Mind over body (or mind over pain!)
5. A seven year old can talk the entire 8 hours of a road trip and/or give a play-by-play of the Pokemon game.
6. If you know the words to a song, your kids will hate that song.
7. Dancing, even good dancing, will embarrass your kids!
8. Use real butter.
9. Keep a back-up bottle of your husband’s favorite bourbon.
10. Do not walk away from the kitchen when you have something on broil!
11. Even though our first time as dog owners didn’t go so well, I’m so thankful we gave it another chance and got Summer!
12. You can have a Ten Year Plan; it’s good to have goals and plan for the future. But, some of the best things in life are unexpected blessings. Sometimes, you just have to go with it!