|Longhorn Steakhouse Pomegranate Margarita|
Skinny Pomegranate Margarita
- 4 oz cherry pomegranate low calorie drink mix
- 1½ oz Orange Tequila (I used Patron Citronge picture here.)
- ½ oz freshly squeezed lime
- 1 oz club soda (for a little zing!)
- lime and/or pomegranate arils (for garnish, optional)
- salt or sugar for rim (for garnish, optional)
- Make the Cherry Pomegranate: one pack usually makes 2 quarts or 64 oz of drink mix, for this cocktail make the drink mix using only 56 oz of water.
- Next, fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Pour all ingredients: drink mix, tequila, lime juice, and club soda over ice and shake vigorously. Rub the lime around edge of glass then dip in salt or sugar. (I used sugar. It was a nice addition to the tang of the pomegranate.) You can fill the glass with ice and pour margarita over ice. I did not pour over ice because I didn't want it diluted!
- This makes a very pretty, deep red cocktail that's perfect for the holidays!
This would be great served with Shrimp Quesadillas