Big Daddy had the idea for a Stuffed Smoked Pork Loin. It’s just one of those he-man foods. Meat, meat and more meat!
Is it bad that he smoked his own Father’s Day dinner? Actually, he’s quit happy when he smoking or grilling, so in his case, yes, I think it’s perfectly acceptable!
You don’t need a lot of crazy ingredients for this dish
Pork loin, sausage and seasoning that’s it!
OH and time – low and slow
We used a 4 pound pork loin and one of the sausages shown above.
I used garlic, cumin, cinnamon, salt, pepper, dry mustard and chili powder for the rub.
This sausage is going in this pork loin.
Cut a pocket in the pork for the sausage to fit in…
I know, let’s move on…
Put the sausage in the loin and close the cut with a skewer.
I know..let’s move on…
Put loin on a smoker heated to 250 to 275 degrees.
Look at my sweet doggie, Summer. muah love that girl!
At 250 to 275 degrees it took 2 hours to smoke this 4 pound loin.
Test doneness with a meat thermometer, it’s the only way to accurately tell if the pork is cooked.
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 3 to 4 pound pork loin
- smoked sausage (I used one about 10 inches long with a smoky flavor)
- Heat grill or smoker to 250 to 275 degrees.
- Cut a pocket in loin and push sausage into loin. Secure with a wooden skewer.
- Combine salt, pepper, cinnamon, cumin, garlic, mustard and chili powder in a small bowl. Rub on outside of loin.
- Place loin on grill or smoker, close lid and smoke 2 to 2.5 hours or until thermometer inserted in center reaches 150 degrees. (Temp will rise as it sets. You want it to reach 160 at its' highest)
- Take off grill and allow to rest 10 minutes before slicing.
All recipes and images are original and the sole property of Paula Jones at CallMePMc.com with all rights reserved. All content herein is meant for your personal enjoyment only. Content on CallMePMc.com is in no way to be used for commercial purposes. Other than linking to a page or pinning an image only on Pinterest (complete recipe is not allowed to be copied to Pinterest or any other site), Call Me PMc asks that you do not copy or otherwise use images or original recipes for any other purpose. If you would like to use any of my pictures you must first contact Call Me PMc and get express written permission. Use of this site automatically constitutes your agreement to these terms.
See Big Daddy Grill here as well!
Pecan Smoked Pork Ribs
Smoked Pork Shoulders
Perfect Applewood Smoke Beer Can Chicken
Rosemary Lemon Grilled Chicken Breasts