For more scrumptious recipes, fun projects, and exciting news, subscribe to Call Me PMc via email.
I have been Kentucky Hot Brown nuts lately. I made Kentucky Hot Brown Mac ‘n Cheese and now this Kentucky Hot Brown Burger!
Before we get to that, how was your weekend? Did your team win? Mine did. A win makes for a happy Big Daddy! With all the ongoing saga of life with a fifth grader, having a happy Bid Daddy has not been common recently.
I don’t remember having a particularly tough fifth grade year when I was in school. I loved school so I really didn’t have a bad year. Well, there was tenth grade chemistry. I ended up with a C but that was only because I had good lab grades. Basically, I didn’t blow up the school so I got an A on all our lab assignments which brought my less than stellar test grades up. It was the only C I received in high school, not that I”m still holding a grudge or anything….
I’m thinking that if I made it through that chemistry class surely, I can get my child through fifth grade! I’ll report back in May!! Did you like school? Do your children like and do well in school? I need tips to get me through this school year!
Meanwhile, I’ll continue cooking amazing comfort food for him and you! Like this Kentucky Hot Brown Burger! I mean, have you ever heard of such? The flavors are just too good; bacon, cheese, chicken…did I mention bacon?
Original recipe from Paula Jones for Call Me PMc. © 2012 – 2013 CallMePMc.com – All Rights Reserved
- 1 lb ground turkey (I used 83% lean)
- 1/2 cup onion, died and caramelized
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp parsley
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper
- 6 slices deli ham
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp
- 6 slider buns
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- Romaine lettuce, 6 pieces
- Cheese Sauce
- Prepare Cheese sauce and set aside.
- Mix caramelized onions, paprika, salt, pepper, parsley, red pepper and turkey together. Divide into 6 equal sized burgers.
- Heat a skillet to medium heat. Add burgers cooking 5 minutes, turn to second side and cook an additional 4 minutes. Do not squish burgers with the spatula, you will press all the flavorful juice out! Layer ham and bacon on burgers during the last 1 to 2 minutes of cook time to heat them.
- While burgers are cooking toast buns.
- Layer burgers, ham, bacon, cheese sauce, tomatoes and lettuce on bottom bun. Place top bun on and enjoy!