<<<Don’t forget to show your love and support – PIN it.
Remember those Cornflake Cookies they served when you were young in the school cafeteria? I never ever ate in the cafeteria, but when they served those cookies, I’d beg every one of my friends for theirs. I still love them. I love peanut butter.
My oldest son and I both would choose peanut butter to take if we were going to be stranded on an island. Yes, we talk about random things like this all the time. Occasionally, I’ll ask random questions on my facebook page as well. I love to read the answers!
The sweet, crunchy and salty combination makes these Peanut Butter Crunch Bars a satisfying treat for kids. The fact they only took 15 minutes to make, is a huge bonus for Mom’s, or Dad’s, or whoever is making them! Like always, read through a recipe before you begin. You’ll want to have all the ingredients measured out before you begin; after you start, the process goes very fast.
© 2012 – 2013 CallMePMc.com – All Rights Reserved Original recipe from Paula Jones for CallMePMc.com
- 1 c sugar
- 1 c corn syrup
- 2 1/2 c smooth peanut butter (just eyeball it, I used about half of the large 40 oz jar)
- 2 c Cripix cereal
- 2 c Bugles (chips)
- 1 c salted peanuts
- 1/2 c M&Ms
- Line a 9x13 inch cake pan with heavy duty aluminum foil allowing foil to hang over edge. You'll use excess to lift the bars out of the pan. Spray with non-stick vegetable spray.
- In a medium pan, heat sugar and corn syrup. Stir constantly, bring to almost a boil and stir until sugar dissolves. Be careful not to cook too long or you'll have hard candy. Remove from heat and add peanut butter. Stir until peanut butter melts. Pour mixture over cereal, chips, peanuts in a large bowl. Working quickly and carefully so as to not break the Bugles, stir everything together.
- Pour into cake pan and spread flat. Immediately, add M&Ms to top and press into bars slightly.
- Allow to cool 1 to 2 hours before cutting.