Welcome to Day #3 of Appetizer Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Kristen from Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker. Whether you are a Broncos fan or a Seahawks fan , we wanted to make sure you had plenty of ideas for your game day spread. Each day we will be dishing up a different set of appetizers. We hope you enjoy this fabulous group of recipes. Tune in each day starting with Monday, January 20 and ending on Saturday, January 25.
Ah, the Super Bowl..
Let’s bond over good food, good drinks and amazing commercials,oh, and the football game!
Let’s do it all over this Hot Crawfish Cheese Dip.
I love commercials.
I love football.
I love food!
Superbowl Sunday is like, the perfect day for me!
During the holidays I tried to clean and organize a little. I started on my pantry. If you go in there, well, you may not find your way out. I was cleaning and staying focused until I picked up my recipe box.
The bad news is my pantry is still a wreck. But, the good news is I came across the Hot Crawfish Cheese Dip. I haven’t made it in years. I knew immediately I wanted to make it for Super Bowl Sunday!
I love creamy dips. I could really make a meal on them if I let myself. I especially love this Crawfish Dip. It’s packs some heat, but you can totally adjust that to as much or as little kick as you want. Remember, adjust any recipe to your preferences. I, also, love crawfish, but I don’t like to peel them. It’s a lot of work for a little cupful! That’s why I like to buy crawfish already peeled and ready to use. Most of the time when I make this dip I put everything in a slow cooker and turn in on low. Stir it after the cheese begins to melt. That’s it. Easy, right? If you’re serving it for a party, keep it on low and it’ll stay creamy and warm for the whole party.
An alternate way to make it is to heat the ingredients on the stove, place in a oven-safe dish and cover the top with white cheddar cheese. Bake it in the oven until hot and bubbly and the cheese on top melts. Then you’ll serve it with salty chips or crackers!
Today’s sponsor is Not So Simple Syrup. They can be found on Facebook, and Twitter. Not So Simple Syrup is a small, local maker of simple syrups. Heidi and Barbie’s passion is to create all natural syrups that inspire and stimulate your pension for amazing mixed drinks as well as iced teas, non-alcoholic beverages and dessert making and baking too. They pride themselves on individual service. When you purchase a NSSS product, you can be sure that it received their personal stamp of approval. Not So Simple Syrup is providing us with a 6-month gift basket subscription for the winner. Each month you will get a gift package with a new theme and everything you need to whip up a favorite recipe from the Not So Simple Syrup crew. Everything but the booze will be included and shipped directly to your door. Like wine of the month, but with simple syrups. It’s the gift that keeps on giving!
***Disclaimer: This giveaway is being provided by Not So Simple Syrup. #AppetizerWeek bloggers have not received product or been compensated as a part of this giveaway.***
More dips you may like:
Visit all the other Appetizer Week Blogs for more Snack Time Deliciousness:
- Meatball Bites by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Gluten Free Onion Butter Pretzels by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Crawfish Dip by Call Me PMc
- Low-Carb Shrimp Guacamole by Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Bourbon Pulled Pork Sliders by Cooking in Stilettos
- Sun-dried Tomato Dip by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sriracha Butternut Hummus by Farm Fresh Feasts
- Margherita Pizza Sticks by Makobi Scribe
- Chicken Parmesan Meatballs by Flavor Mosaic
- Feta-Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes with Shrimp by Food Lust People Love
- Ham and Sauerkraut Balls by From Gate to Plate
- Cheddar Cayenne Crackers by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Baked Pickle Chips by Lemons for Lulu
- Cheddar Cheese Olive Puffs by Life Off the Clock
- Manchego and Roasted Pepper Stuffed Mushrooms by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Restaurant-Style Chipotle Salsa by Home Cooking Memories
- Mango Jalapeno Sausage Rolls by Food Done Light
- Ham & Cheese Mini Cracker Sandwiches by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Spicy Cheese Rounds by Try Anything Once Culinary
- Chicken Jalapeno Poppers by Cookerati