Ground beef and chorizo sausage are combined in these Beef Chorizo Sliders Recipe making a spicy gourmet burger!
It’s grilling weather and I have a tasty new burger for you! Beef Chorizo Sliders Recipe with sriracha mayo. They are crazy delicious. They are full of flavor and zing from the chorizo, cumin and chili powder. Avocado gives a cool and creamy contrast to all the heat and the spicy sriracha mayonnaise kicks up the flavor factor even more!
After I made the Mexican Meatloaf and we had leftovers on sandwiches
for days, believe it or not, we weren’t tired of that hamburger chorizo combo. In fact, Big Daddy and I kept coming up with more ways to use the too together. This Beef Chorizo Sliders Recipe recipe was a result of that.
This burger is just the right combination of spicy. I made them in a smaller slider size, but you can certainly make ‘normal’ size burgers if you choose.
How you choose to top your slider is totally up to you, but I’ll have to say I love the contrast in texture and flavor with the avocado, feta and sriracha mayo.
What is chorizo?
Basically, it’s sausage originating from Spain and Latin America. It’s heavily seasoned with traditional Mexican spices. Specifially, but not limited to paprika, which gives it the red color. In Spain it’s typically a chopped and cured pork sausage and therefore you can eat it uncooked. You may see it on a meat tray or tapas presentation. Mexican chorizo is made of ground meat and is uncooked and therefore must be cooked before eating. For my Beef Chorizo Sliders Recipe I chose a Mexican (uncooked) beef chorizo sausage.
Sign up for my weekly newsletter here
Beef Chorizo Sliders Recipe Tips
- I used a mix of 90% lean ground beef and beef chorizo.
- Feta cheese is an option, but you could use goat cheese or even blue cheese
- Mix one to one ratio of mayonnaise and Sriracha for the Sriracha mayonnaise recipe for a just-right spice blend. If you like a milder mayo decrease the Sriracha, if you like more kick then increase the Sriracha
- I used a sturdy pretzel slider roll, any kind of roll or bun will work. I think a slightly sweeter Hawaiian roll would be nice.
- I used pickle jalapenos because I forgot to get fresh ones at the store, Hubs liked them best. You can certainly use fresh jalapenos. This adds a different spicy component and nice crunch to the burger.
- I would not omit the avocado, something about that creamy texture really makes this slider unique
- ½ pound 90 % lean ground beef
- ½ pound beef chorizo sausage
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup Sriracha sauce
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- *avocado, feta cheese, slider buns, jalapeno slices
- Remove chorizo from casing. Mix ground beef, sausage, cumin, chili powder, garlic salt and pepper together.
- Pat into 8 slider size burgers
- In a small bowl, combine Sriracha sauce and mayonnaise. Refrigerate.
- Grill or pan saute' sliders on first side 3 to 4 minutes, Flip and cook another 3 to 4 minutes until cooked through.
- Assemble burgers with your choice of avocado, feta cheese, jalapenos and Sriracha mayonnaise
- Serve immediately.
If you like Beef Chorizo Sliders Recipe, you may also like to cook some of these recipes or this fabulous Hamburger Steak with onions and brown gravy!