Protein packed with super foods, black beans and quinoa, my Black Bean Tomato Quinoa Salad
with Texas Vinaigrette is light, healthy, delicious and nutritious!
With all the beautiful and healthy produce available right now, I’m trying to focus on farm to table foods more this summer. Plus, I’m trying to use the stove and oven as little as possible.
This salad is extremely versatile. Add any combo of vegetables that are in-season and you like. Fresh corn, sautéed zucchini or caramelized onions would make a tasty addition. Although I chose not to put meat in mine, it would be fantastic with grilled chicken. I would use the 1/2 cup Texas vinaigrette as a marinade for the chicken in that case.
I have also served this salad with the black beans and quinoa hot, but it’s equally tasty chilled.
First you’ll want to mix the vinaigrette and put it in the refrigerator to chill. If you’re using the vinaigrette for a chicken marinade go ahead and double the recipe and use half of it on your chicken; refrigerate the chicken and the vinaigrette and move to cooking the quinoa.
I followed the package directions to cook the quinoa except I like it cooked 3 to 4 minutes longer than the directions call for.
Now, you just need to assemble the salad. Lay a bed of lettuce on each of four dinner plates. Arrange your salad however you want or just toss the ingredients randomly on top. I made a pretty little presentation so you can see all the ingredients.
Black Bean Tomato Quinoa Salad with Texas Vinaigrette
Yield 4 servings
Protein packed with super foods, black beans and quinoa, Black Bean Tomato Quinoa Salad with Texas Vinaigrette is light, healthy, delicious and nutritious!
- 1 (15 oz can) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons sundried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 ounces feta, crumbled (can substitute goat cheese)
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 8 cups salad mix, Romaine, or iceburg lettuce
- optional ingredients: corn, green or red onion, zucchini, jalapeno
- 1/3 cup good olive oil
- 3 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Mix vinaigrette ingredients together and refrigerate.
- Cook quinoa
- Mix black beans, sundried tomatoes and capers together with 3 tablespoons Texas Vinaigrette. If I'm serving the salad with warm quinoa I warm this mixture in microwave.
- Arrange salad: Add a bed of lettuce to 4 plates, top with 1/4 of each black bean mixture, tomatoes, quinoa, feta, and avocados. Drizzle more Texas Vinaigrette over if needed, but it has strong flavors, you may want to taste first.
©CallMePMc.com All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.