Chicken Fajita Pasta Salad is simple to make, hearty and full of flavor!
If you love fajitas and you love pasta, this recipe is for you!
Chicken fajitas are one of my favorite meals. I make them the traditional way, stove-top, as well as, on a stick and in the oven. I always make extra when I’m making chicken fajitas, the leftovers are easy to re-heat. I eat the leftovers, again in flour tortillas. They are also good in quesadillas or in a simple pasta salad I’m sharing now with you.
Chicken Fajita Pasta Salad is a hearty no-fuss meal. Simply make extra chicken fajitas and your next meal can easily be put together in to a scrumptious pasta salad.
Chicken Fajita Pasta Salad
- This is a great recipe for Mexican Monday.
- I also serve it a lot when tailgating, men really like it because it’s full of chicken.
- Another bonus when serving it at picnics and tailgating since it’s not mayonnaise based it can sit out longer. I usually serve the Chicken Fajita Pasta Salad in a bowl and it that in a larger bowl filled with ice.
I grilled extra Chicken Fajitas on a Stick when I had the grill hot in preparation for this pasta salad recipe.
I used this recipe for Fajita seasoning, you can also use store-bought.
- Chicken Fajitas on a Stick, 2 to 3 skewers each of chicken and peppers
- 8 ounce pasta cooked. your favorite shape
- 2 tablespoon fajita seasoning
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- fresh cilantro
- Cook pasta to al dente, drain.
- Cut chicken and peppers in 1 inch cubes (if they are not already that small)
- Whisk fajita seasoning, olive oil and white wine vinegar together.
- Combine pasta, chicken, peppers and fajita mixture. Toss carefully in a large bowl.
- Sprinkly fresh chopped cilantro over salad before serving.
- Serve warm or cold. I prefer it cold.