Sometimes, I like to turn the TV on the Food Network while I cook and pretend I’m a celebrity chef…today I’m Paula Deen whipping up a Southern classic – Chocolate Chess Pie. It’s sweet, decadent and oh so chocolaty. It’s also very simple to make.
Chocolate Chess Pie
Chocolate is added to the popular Southern dessert, making this pie a favorite at potlucks and dinners. Serve with a dollup of homemade whipped cream.
- 1 and 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 and 1/2 Tablespoon cocoa
- 4 ounce evaporated milk
- 2 eggs, room temp and slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, melted (I don't recommend using margarine)
- 1 teaspoono vanilla
- 1 refrigerated pie crust, you can use a homemade pie crust as well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Form pie crust in a 9 inch pie pan, set aside. With a whisk, mix sugar, cocoa, eggs, butter and vanilla together until well combined. Whisk in milk. Pour into unbaked pie crust. Bake in 350 degree oven 45 minutes until center of pie is set. Cool to room temperature. Serve at room temp or chilled in refrigerator. Take it over the top with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Recipe from CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
You may also enjoy