Make Hubs this decadent, sinfully rich Chocolate Bread Pudding!! You know what they say, ‘Ask forgiveness not permission!’
Chocolate Chunk Bread Pudding
- This is a great way to use day old bread. Crusty and dry bread will soak up the wonderful custard better.
- I suggest using a dark chocolate for this recipe, but any chocolate will do. I used a dark bar, but you can also you chocolate chips.
- Allow at least 10 minutes for the bread to sit and soak in the custard.
- If you don’t like rum, a warm caramel sauce would also be tasty with this Chocolate Chunk Bread Pudding.
Chocolate Chunk Bread Pudding / Call Me PMc
Chocolate Chunk Bread Pudding - creamy custard is mixed with crusty bread and studded with dark chocolate chunks in this kicked up version of the classic dessert.
- 16 oz loaf French bread
- 2/3 c half and half (+ more if needed)
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 c sugar
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 T vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 (4 oz) bittersweet chocolate bars, chopped (Ghirardelli)
- RUM SAUCE
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/2 c butter
- 1/2 c half and half
- 3 T dark rum
- 4 oz white chocolate, chopped (Ghirardelli bar)
- BREAD PUDDING: Directions
- Tear or cube bread into small pieces; place on a cookie sheet and bake 15 minutes or until dry in a 200 degree. Remove and allow to cool. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Combine half and half, and sweetened condensed milk, pour over bread. Allow to sit 10 minutes, carefully stir so that all the bread absorbs the milk at various times.
- Combine eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla and salt. Add to bread. Stir well.
- Stir in chopped chocolate. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 13x9 inch pan.
- Bake, uncovered at 325 degrees 45 minutes or until firm and lightly browned.
- Cool. Cut into squares and serve warm with Rum Sauce.
- RUM SAUCE: Combine sugar, butter, and half and half; bring to a boil. Boil 2 minutes over med-high heat until sugar is dissolved. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat; add chocolate and stir until melted. Add rum. Serve warm over Chocolate Chunk Bread Pudding.
©CallMePMc.com All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.