I’ll have to say my oldest son, Lincoln, and I are so much alike it’s scary. He may look like his daddy, but obviously we spent way too much time together when he was young!
There really are too many to list all of them, but for instance:
- We have to wear socks. Hanging out in the house, sleeping, socks on, always!
- We don’t mind being alone. We can hang out all day in the house, rarely talk. In high contrast to my second son, who has to be entertained or at least talk to you 98% of the time
much like Big Daddy.
- We’re kind of shy. I’ve grown out of my shyness somewhat, but I still struggle sometimes. Lincoln totally doesn’t like random strangers. My second son and my husband have never met a stranger!
- We both chose peanut butter to take with us to the deserted island. Yeah, I don’t know, we do these ‘what if’ games all the time!
- I could live off these Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars. He could too!
When it came to making a dessert with peanut butter, I knew Lincoln would be all for helping!
I’m thankful I started the boys early cooking with me. Lincoln has been helping me, literally, since he could stand. We made cookies back then. Now, he can do everything himself. He even grills!
He first measures the cereal into a large bowl.
Next, he added the corn syrup and sugar to the saucepan.
After cooking it until the sugar dissolved the added the peanut butter.
Stir the peanut butter until it’s combined with the sugar and syrup.
Mix the cereal and peanut butter mixture together then press into prepared pan.
Melt chocolate and pour over bars while chocolate is hot.
Smooth the chocolate over the top with a spatula.
Ryder couldn’t stand it any longer, he had to get in on the action!
After allowing the chocolate to cool and harden, cut the Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars.
Go here for tips on how to melt chocolate
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup white corn syrup
- 2 cup peanut butter
- 4 cup rice cereal
- 8 oz milk chocolate, melting chocolate or chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable shortening
- Prepare 8x11 pan by lining with aluminum foil. Spray foil with non-stick spray.
- Stir syrup and sugar in medium-size saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly approximately 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter until well combined. Pour peanut butter mixture over cereal in a large bowl. Mix well. Pour in to prepared pan. Press down until top is smooth and even.
- Melt chocolate and shortening and stir until smooth. Pour over cereal bars and quickly spread until thin. Allow chocolate to harden about 30 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.
©CallMePMc.com All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
More fun, easy recipes: Cookies and Cream Cheater Fudge