Famous Potato Salad is a classic. It’s creamy and smooth and always a favorite.
Everyone who has ever tried this Famous Potato Salad gives it rave reviews. You won’t believe how simple this ingredient list is or the secret ingredient that makes it so creamy! Unlike most potato salads that have cubes or chunks of potatoes, this potato salad is smooth and creamy. It has a consistancy much like mashed potatoes.
This potato salad is legendary in Tupelo. I have friends from out of town who insist on eating at this little unassuming restaurant that many others out-of-towners would pass by just to eat the Potato Salad.
It’s that good!
What makes it so good? Is it heavy cream, half and half, cream cheese…. butter??
You’ll never guess the secret ingredient!
Process bell pepper fine in food processor and saute’ lightly.
Boil 5 lbs red potatoes with skin on.
Saute’ onions until soft.
Process pimento and saute’…. I see a pattern here…
Combine vegetables, salt, and pepper with a spoon.
Famous Potato Salad
- 5 lbs red potatoes
- 1 bell pepper, chopped fine in food processor
- 1 onion, chopped fine in food processor then let stand in mesh strainer to allow liquid to drain out
- 1 large jar pimentos, not drained, chopped fine in food processor
- 3/4 quart Blue Plate Brand Mayonnaise*
- 7 tsp yellow mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil 5 lbs red potatoes, do not peel. After cooked, peel potatoes under cool running water then mash. Soften bell pepper, onion and pimentos in a non-stick saute' pan. Add vegetables to potatoes and 3/4 jar mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper. Mix with a spoon, not mixer, until everything is evenly incorporated. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you, Paula