Honey Soy Pork Loin is spicy, sweet, and very simple to make. This pork is delicious and tender and will melt in your mouth.
This is one of the easiest recipes to make. You can roast the pork loin in the oven, cook it low and slow in the slow cooker, grill it, or pan cook it. It’s a great recipe for my Encore recipes because you can use leftover pork loin to make it. (Encore recipes are my cook once, eat twice philosophy. Click here for more.)
Honey Soy Pork Loin
Because I like slightly sweet and definitely heat, this flavor profile really appeals to me. Honey, soy sauce, and crushed red peppers are the main flavor notes that you get. This sauce will also be great on chicken.
I like to serve Honey Soy Pork Loin with fluffy rice and a green salad.
Chicken would be a great substitution for pork in this recipe.
Like more heat? Add an additional 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2-pound pork loin, cooked and cubed
- ¾ cup honey
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 and ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- ¼ cup bbq sauce (your favorite)
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 tablespoon cold water
- 2 tablespoon corn starch
- ½ to 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Optional garnish sliced green onions
- *If the pork loin isn't already cooked, use this method to cook. Cut pork loin into 1-inkch cubes. Add 3 to 4 tablespoon olive oil to a large skillet. Add pork and cook 2 minutes, stir and cook another 2 minutes. Repeat stirring and cooking until pork is cooked through and no longer pink. Proceed with recipe.
- *If pork is already cooked, cut into cubes and add 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet. Heat through. Remove pork from pan. Proceed with recipe.
- Mix together honey, soy, sesame oil, garlic, onion, bbq sauce, crushed red pepper.
- Add ingredients to a sauce pan and simmer until hot.
- Whisk together water and cornstarch. Add cornstarch mixture to sauce and cook on medium heat 3 to 4 minutes or until it gets thick.
- Add pork to saucepan and stir to coat.
- Serve over rice.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions.
You may also like