A grilled cheese is just a grilled cheese, right?
I mean, all you do is throw some cheese on two slices of bread and slather on butter!
Well – not exactly…
It’s not just a grilled cheese sandwich when you add jalapeno pimento cheese and bacon!!
You can do a thousand and one different things with pimento cheese. Making grilled cheese is one of my favorite, stuffed with salty bacon and oozy cheese hugged by crispy bread. Boom! Boom! Love that!
This would be the perfect Summer lunch for yourself and your kids. It takes minutes to make and is super yummy. Serve it with a salad or fruit to make a more well-rounded meal.
I like to make my grilled cheese on this thick, soft Bar-B-Q bread.
Look at those pimento!
Look at those jalapenos!
LOOK at that bacon!!
Could this really be wrong???
G rill it up! Toasty brown on both sides.
- Jalapeno Pimento Cheese
- 8 slices thick-sliced bread (I like Sunbeam Bar-B-Q bread)
- 8 slices bacon, cooked
- 2 Tbutter or margarine, room temperature
- Preheat skillet over medium heat.
- Generously butter one side of a slice of bread.
- Place bread butter-side-down onto skillet bottom
- Spread ¼ c Jalapeno Pimento Cheese on bread, top cheese with 2 slices bacon cut in half.
- Butter a second slice of bread on one side and place butter side up on top of sandwich.
- Grill until lightly browned then and flip over; continue grilling until cheese is melted and bacon is hot.
- Repeat with remaining three sandwiches.