It has rained for two days.
I’ve been gloriously holed up in the house for two days.
I have baked for two days.
I was aware that I bake when I’m stressed. And, I bake when I’m bored. And, now, I have come to the realization that I bake when I don’t want to clean the house.
There’s just not really much I can say about that. I like to bake. I don’t like to clean house!
Hmm, I can probably get away with serving this for dinner if I have bacon with it………………….
Dissolve yeast in water
Dough before rise
Doubled in size
Ready to rise
Author: Paula Jones
- ¼ oz package yeast
- ½ c warm water (120 - 130 degrees)
- ½ c warm milk
- ¼ c sugar
- ⅓ c butter, melted
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 3½ to 4 c all-purpose flour
- zest of 1 lemon
- Lemon filling:
- c sugar
- juice of 1 lemon
- For the Cream Cheese frosting:
- oz cream cheese, softened
- c confectioner sugar
- zest and juice on one lemon
- Zest and juice 2 (you may need 3 if lemons are small) lemons. Set aside.
- Dough: Dissolve yeast in warm water; set aside. In a large bowl of mixer with dough hook attachment, mix milk, sugar, melted butter, salt, lemon zest, and egg. Add 2 c flour and mix until smooth. Add yeast mixture alternating with remaining flour. Mix until smooth. Pour dough onto a floured flat surface and knead 5 minutes. Place in a oiled bowl, cover and let rise until doubled in size (about 2 - 2½ hours).
- When doubled in size, punch down dough. Roll or press out dough with fingers until approximately 15 x 9 inch rectangle. Spread melted butter all over dough. Top with Filling mixture.
- Filling: In a small bowl, mix 1 cup sugar with juice of one lemon. Work together until it resembles clumpy, wet sand. Depending on how much juice the lemons yield, you may need more, or less, juice.
- Beginning on long side of dough, roll up, jelly roll style. Pinch ends and bottom of dough to keep lemon filling inside. Cut into 12 even rolls. Pinch the bottom of each roll slightly to keep filling inside. Place pinched side down in a buttered 9 x 13 inch dish. Cover and let rise until doubled in size about 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place the risen rolls in the oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes until golden brown. Let cool then frost with Cream Cheese Frosting.
©CallMePMc.com All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
Cream Cheese Frosting: Beat 1 stick butter and 8 oz cream cheese together until smooth. With mixer on low, carefully add 3 cups confectioners sugar one cup at a time. Beat until well blended and smooth.