How to Make Chocolate Covered Spoons – Chocolate covered spoons are the perfect mate for the steaming cup of joe or mug of hot cocoa!
I love to give homemade gift sets for gifts. It’s really the perfect gift, you can use a mix of store-bought items and homemade treats and create a thoughtful gift.
One of my favorite gift sets to make is for coffee lovers. You can package together Dunkin Donuts® gourmet coffee, mugs, coffee creamers, and coffee sweeteners. You may even want to include a one-cup coffee maker. For an extra special touch make my Chocolate Covered Spoons. Package it together in a shopping bag that they can use over and over again!
I was able to find all the Dunkin Donuts® products at my local Walmart for the gift bag. I saved time and money by not having to run all over town. Love that! Walmart has several ground coffee flavors to choose from as well as K-Cup®. They also non-diary and liquid creamers for your gift bag.
Coffee and hot chocolate lovers will both love these Chocolate Covered Spoons. I highly recommend making them for your gift packages. They are easy to make! #DunkinToTheRescue
How to Make Chocolate Covered Spoons
- Choose pretty, clear or silver plastic spoons.
- Wash spoons and make sure they are completely dry.
- For detailed information on melting chocolate read my post: How to Melt Chocolate.
- Have all sprinkles out and ready to use.
- Allow plenty of time to dry before packaging your spoons.
- 12 clear plastic spoons
- 4 to 5 ounces Wilton candy melts
- 1 teaspoon Crisco solid vegetable shortening
- Toppings for spoons: white chocolate, chopped nuts, mini marshmallows. peppermint chips, white chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, candy coated chocolate pieces.
- In an oven safe bowl, melt chocolate.
- Stir until smooth.
- Dip spoon in chocolate to evenly coat both sides.
- Lay on waxed paper to dry.
- Immediately sprinkle toppings on spoons.
- Allow to dry 30 to 45 minutes before packaging.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Dunkin’ Donuts®. The opinions and text are all mine.