This post brought to you by Hormel Foods. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Call Me PMc.
Overnight Sausage Egg Breakfast Casserole is a user-friendly casserole recipe that’s simple to put together and tastes amazing!
I love a breakfast casserole. I love them so much in fact that we have them for dinner, or brinner as the boys call it, a lot. I also find them super convenient to make for tailgating when we have an 11:00 am game.
My Overnight Sausage Egg Breakfast Casserole is not just for breakfast, brunch or Christmas morning! Although it is perfect for Christmas morning, it’s actually perfect for any morning because you put it together the night before.
If you’re looking for a quick and easy breakfast for your family the Overnight Sausage Egg Breakfast Casserole will be perfect for you. There are three simple steps to making it.
- Cook the sausage.
- Layer the ingredients in a casserole dish.
I have two goals with it comes to cooking and eating. I want something easy to prepare and I want to eat with my family.
Overnight Breakfast Sausage Casserole makes a time-saving breakfast or dinner. You can simply make it 6 to 8 hours ahead of time, then bake when you’re ready. One of the ingredients that also helps in the meal prep of this casserole recipe is Hormel Real Bacon Bits. Hormel Bacon Toppings enhance your meals, snack and salads with the delicious flavor of 100% real bacon. They’re pre-cooked, diced and ready to top your favorite recipe!
I’m a big advocate of eating meals together as a family. It’s always been my goal to eat at least 4 meals a week together. It’s been relatively easy so far for us to do that. I know as the boys get older, it’ll become more difficult. It’s important, as studies have should, so I encourage you to eat family meals together… and of course, make this casserole for that meal!
Family meals eaten at home have been proven to benefit the health and wellness of children and adolescents, to fight obesity, substance abuse and to make families stronger – creating a positive impact on our communities and our nation as a whole
- 1 pound sausage*
- 6 (1 ounce) slices of bread, cubed**
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup diced green, red, yellow or orange pepper***
- 2 tablespoon sliced green onion***
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground dry mustard
- ½ cup Hormel Real Bacon Bits
- Cook sausage, pepper and onion in a medium size pan until sausage is no longer pink, drain.
- Spray a 7x11 inch casserole pan with non-stick spray.
- Layer bread, sausage mixture, and cheese in dish.
- Beat eggs, milk, salt and mustard together.
- Pour egg mixture over bread.
- Sprinkle bacon bits over all.
- Cover and refrigerate six to eight hours.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Baek 50 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
**or 5 cups any bread or rolls, cubed
***pepper and onions may be omitted
What’s your favorite breakfast food?