There’s nothing like biting into a fresh-baked Pecan Banana Cake Mix Cake! Easy, simple, homemade goodness baked with pecans and topped with a delicious maple cream cheese frosting, and toasted pecans. This cake is perfect for any and every occasion!
First of all, my Pecan Banana Cake Mix Cake is buttery and soft. As wll, it’s full of banana flavor and topped with a silky glaze. You may be tempted to eat the glaze with a spoon, it’s that good.
Furthermore, I sprinkled chopped pecans over the glaze to dress the cake up a little since I was taking it to a potluck dinner. That addition is optional.
Consequently, I’m a fan of starting a cake with a mix. Cake mixes are designed to be almost full proof and tolerate a little under-beating as well as a little over-beating. As long as you don’t under or over cook the cake, starting with a cake mix is great way to learn to bake. Seems like, it’s great for kids and beginners … and even experienced cooks that either don’t have a lot of time or do have a craving! Hand raised… I always have a cake craving.
Pecan Banana Cake Mix Cake
Pecan Banana Cake Mix Cake - An irresistible banana pecan cake with a gorgeous glaze. This cake is moist, fluffy, slightly sweet, but richly flavored.
- 1 package butter cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup water
- *1/4 cup chopped pecans for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease and flour a bundt or tube pan.
- In a large bowl come cake ingredients, mix with an electric mix or by hand with a whisk until all the ingredients are combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan and bake at 325 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes or until done. Test by inserting a wooden pick into the center of the cake. It is cooked if the pick comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- When the cake is cool, pour glaze over top.
- For frosting, combine ingredients in a saucepan. Heat pan on medium low and whisk until sugar is dissolved and mixture becomes thick. Pour over cake.
- Store in the refrigerator.
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.
Pecan Banana Cake Mix Cake
As well, you may substitute walnuts for the pecans in this recipe. Finally, if you’re not a fan of nutmeg, it may be omitted.
Especially relevant, scroll down for more recipes I think you’ll be interested in making.
click photo below for all the pound cake recipes