PMc’s Famous Rocky Road Brownies / Call Me PMc
- 1 c pecans, chopped
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 1 c butter, room temp
- 4 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 c sugar
- 1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c unsweetened cocoa
- 4 large eggs, room temp
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 (10.5 oz) bag miniature marshmallows
- 1 recipe Chocolate Frosting (recipe follows)
- Heat a sauce pan to medium. Salt pecans then add them in a single layer in the sauce pan and toast 8 to 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 15x10x1 inch jelly roll pan with non-stick spray. I also like to line it with parchment paper or aluminum foil for easier clean up.
- Melt 1 c butter and 4 oz chocolate in the microwave for 1 minute, stir. Heat at 30 second increments and stirring until melted.
- For the brownie:
- Whisk sugar, flour, cocoa, eggs, vanilla, and salt together. Pour chocolate mixture into dry ingredients and combine. Don't over mix. Pour batter into prepared 15x10x1 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and spread marshmallows evenly on top. Bake an additional 8 to 10 minutes or until marshmallows are melted and toasted. Drizzle chocolate frosting over warm cake.
For the Icing Ingredients1/2 c butter1/3 c unsweetened cocoa1/3 c milk1 16 oz pkg powdered sugar1 tsp pure vanilla extractDirectionsStir together first 3 ingredients in a sauce pan over medium heat until butter is melted. Cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until slightly thick. Remove from heat. Whisk in powdered sugar and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.Yield: 2 cupsPrep time: 10 minutesCook time: 5 minutes