Pumpkin Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast a pillow of buttery bread that’s crispy on the outside and filled with a luscious, creamy pumpkin flavored cream cheese inside. Want. Need. Love!
I made this recipe way back in April when this was happening. True story. Luckily it passed a couple of miles from me. At the same time, I made these pumpkin donuts because I had a post due using Libby’s canned pumpkin. I used the donuts for that campaign. Then came summer and strawberries, blueberries and watermelon! August brought Bacon Month and I’m just getting this Pumpkin Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast posted. Whew! Call Me PMc has been soooooo busy. But, alas, better late than never, right? And…. who says “alas” anymore anyway?!
Hahaha, I said ‘hoopla’ the other day and the boys were like “What?!!!! What is ‘hoopla’?”
Of course, they both could say ‘Damn!’ in the right context when they were two! Parent of the Year right here, folks!!
Describing the amazing-ness of Pumpkin Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast is quite a task! I wish you could reach through the screen, smell and taste it.
If you like french toast and bread pudding, you’re sure to like this recipe. Both are very similar, crispy and buttery on the outside with a creamy, soft inside. Add, a smooth, light pumpkin flavor and you’ve got a mouth-watering breakfast or brunch recipe that’s sure to please!
When I cook pancakes and French toast, I like to cook it in oil and butter. By using this method, I get the butter flavor, but the oil keeps it from burning at a higher temperature.
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast
Yield 2 large servings
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast a pillow of buttery bread that's crispy on the outside and filled with a luscious, creamy pumpkin flavored cream cheese inside. Want. Need. Love!
- 4 (1 inch) slices thick bread, I used a french bread. Challah would also be good.
- 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 4 Tablespoon butter, melted (for bread)
- 1 and ½ cups milk (1%, 2%, whole or half & half can be used)
- 4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon butter (for cooking)
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil (for cooking)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Create a pocket in the bread slices by cutting into the center from one side. Place bread on a baking sheet and put in the oven for 8 minutes. Flip the bread over and bake for another 8 minutes. This will JUST dry out the bread, there should be no browning. Take slices off baking sheet on to a wire rack to cool.
- Meanwhile, place cream cheese in a small bowl. Mix in pumpkin, sugar, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice.
- Stuff the bread with the filling.
- In a shallow dish, mix together eggs, butter, milk, vanilla extract, sugar. Whisk in the flour and salt.
- Soak the bread without over saturating, about 40 seconds per side; repeat with the remaining slices. Swirl 1 tablespoon butter plus 1 tablespoon oil in the hot skillet.
- Transfer the prepared bread to the skillet in a single layer; cook until golden brown, about 1 minute 45 seconds on the first side and 1 minute on the second. Serve the French toast immediately. Continue, adding 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon oil to the skillet for each new batch.
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you, Paula
Still hungry? (click pictures for recipes)