Roast and Potato Nachos (Encore Dish for Roast)
Yield 4 servings
- 1 bag waffle fries (22 oz)
- 2 cup shredded Slow Cooker Roast (or 2 Pack Slow Cooker Roast or Easier Than Takeout Slow Cooker Roast)
- 1-2 cup brown gravy
- 2 cup shredded cheese (I used a cheddar/Colby combination, use your favorite)
- 3 Tablespoons green onions (You could also use diced yellow or red onions)
- Optional: sautéed green or red peppers, caramelized onions
- 4 Tablespoon vegetable shortening (you can also add fat from the roast)
- 4 Tablespoon self-rising flour
- 2 cup liquid from roast, beef stock, or water
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven per instructions on bag of fries. Bake fries according to package. While fries are cooking, place roast in foil and heat in oven. Next, prepare gravy. Layer fries, roast, gravy, then optional toppings. Cover with cheese and place back in oven until cheese melts. Serve immediately.
- Heat a skillet on medium high. Add shortening (or fat) to the skillet and melt. Add flour, stir and cook 2 minutes until flour is lightly browned. Add salt and pepper (I use about 1/2 tsp each, but add to your liking) then add liquid. (Obviously, the roast broth or beef stock will add more flavor.) Stir and cook until gravy begins to get thick. Serve immediately over Roast and Potato Nachos.
©CallMePMc.com All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
Leave me a message below regarding my Roast and Potato Nachos