This Soft Batch Cream Cheese Chocolate Cookie Recipe are thick, soft and moist. The cream cheese helps them stay moist and tender, but you can’t actually taste cream cheese in the cookie. They’re pillowy soft with chocolate in every bite! They are not for the faint of sweet tooth!
I was pleased with the way these cookies turned out after replacing cream cheese for butter in this recipe.. They’re softer than cookies made with all butter and I love soft batch cookies! I’ve been studying up on the chemistry behind cookie baking. I know, just call me a geek now. I wanted to make these cookies ‘fun’, I replaced chocolate chips with M&M candies. My son had to take cookies to school and didn’t want ‘regular’ chocolate chip cookies. I tried to tell him there is nothing ‘regular’ about chocolate chip cookies. But, he insisted I fancy them up!
Do you cookie much?
Cookie dough does not make a nutritious lunch!
More M&Ms than dough…as it should be!
I like to scoop the cookies out on waxed paper and freeze. Once frozen you can store them in an airtight container in the freezer for couple of months (if they last that long).
And they are! All pillowy soft and chocolatey!
Soft Batch Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
This Soft Batch Cream Cheese Chocolate Cookie Recipe are thick, soft and moist. The cream cheese helps them stay moist and tender, but you can't actually taste cream cheese in the cookie. They're pillowy soft with chocolate in every bite! Allow time to chill dough when making these cookies.
- 1/2 c (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup cream cheese, at room temperature (I only use the block kind not the kind in a tub.)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 and 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 and 1/4 cups M&M candies (You can substitute chocolate chips for the M&Ms)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and cream cheese together until smooth and there are no lumps.
- Add sugars and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat on medium speed until well combined stopping to scrap sides occasionally.
- In another bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients slowly into mixer and cream until combined.
- Stir in M&Ms or Chocolate Chips by hand until they are evenly distributed.
- Place in refrigerator at least 30 minutes. If you don't refrigerate them, you won't have a thick cookie, chewy cookie.
- Scoop chilled dough onto a cookie sheet using a ice cream or cookie scoop.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven 8 to 10 minutes so soft cookies. Cookies will set more as they cool. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheet before transfering to a wire rack.
- If you want more crisp cookies bake 2 to 3 minutes longer.
The amount of cookies you get will be determined by how large you make each one. My cookies used approximately 2 tablespoons of dough per cookies and yielded 36 to 40 cookies. Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you, Paula
More recipes you may like