Southwestern Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers is a Tex Mex flavored healthy meatless entree recipe that’s full of protein, vegetables, and grains.
This meatless recipe is so hearty and filling you won’t miss the meat. However, you can easily add 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey, if desired. Additionally, you can serve it as a side dish with my Six Minute Flat Iron Steak.
The bell peppers make a beautiful presentation but if you’re not fond of bell peppers you can use poblano peppers. As well, the quinoa and black bean mixture taste amazing without the pepper flavor. You may want to skip the peppers altogether and simply bake the quinoa in a casserole dish for the designated time.
For added flavor, top your Southwestern Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers with sliced avocados, sour cream, and/or salsa.
I find the stuffed peppers to be a great recipe to make when entertaining since vegetarians like them. Additionally, because they’re so hearty, meat eaters enjoy them too.
This recipe can be made in about 40 minutes which makes it a good weeknight meal as well. What is your go-to weeknight meal?
More healthy dishes you may enjoy
Southwestern Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers
In this meatless recipe, it's so hearty and filling you won't miss the meat. However, you can easily add 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey.
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 - 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 - 15 ounce can fired roasted diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 4 large red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (any flavor, can use <a href="http://Vegan cheese" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" data-wplink-url-error="true">Vegan cheese)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Prepare quinoa per the box instructions.
- While quinoa is cooking, prepare the peppers. Rinse and cut the tops off the peppers and remove the seeds. Discard the top.
- Line a pan with foil or grease the bottom of a pan with vegetable oil or butter.
- Place the bell peppers in pan.
- Mix cooked quinoa with black beans, tomatoes, onion, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Stuff the peppers with quinoa mixture.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.