Strawberry Salsa Filled Avocados the combination of sweet, spicy, creamy, and crunchy is so good!
This is such an easy recipe to make and look how beautiful and vibrant it is!
Everyone is avocado crazy. Have you noticed? It seems like avocados are in and on everything now. I understand, they’re tasty and healthy. Be sure to click over and read all the healthy benefits of avocados on my recipe for Avocado & Fruit Salad with Cranberry Vinaigrette.
Strawberry Salsa Filled Avocados
Let’s say, you don’t like avocados.. you can still totally make this Strawberry Salsa and enjoy it with chips, in lettuce wraps, on fresh field greens, on fish tacos, or grilled chicken.
Strawberry Salsa Filled Avocados is good for breakfast, side dish, or snack.
You can control the heat in this recipe by a number of jalapenos you add in the salsa.
To easily change the flavor profile, simply use either basil, cilantro, or mint for the herb. All of them are good and give the strawberry salsa a very different flavor.
For more sweet flavor, add 1/2 cup chopped mangos and/or 1/2 cup chopped kiwi!
- 2 cups strawberries, diced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons jalapenos, diced
- 2 tablespoons basil (or cilantro if you want a Mexican flavor with chips)
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- pinch of salt (about ⅛ teaspoon)
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced
- 2 avocados, halved and seed removed
- Mix strawberries, jalapenos, basil, lime juice (reserve a little for brushing over avocados) and zest, salt and green onions together.
- Refrigerate 20 to 30 minutes if you have time, the flavors will meld together and taste better.
- Halve avocado and brush with a little lime juice.
- Fill with strawberry salsa, serve as appetizer or side.
If you like Strawberry Salsa Filled Avocados, you may also like
Fish Tacos with Mango Avocado Salsa
Onion Avocado Mango Salsa