Sun Dried Tomato Hummus Recipe is creamy and spicy with a nice earthy flavor from the sun-dried tomatoes. As well, you’ll love how quickly and easily my hummus recipe comes together!
What is hummus?
Hummus is a dip originally made in the Middle East. The basic version is made with chickpeas, olive oil, lemon juice, tahini sauce, and garlic.
In addition, hummus is high in fiber and protein, has many essential vitamins and minerals, and contains heart-healthy, unsaturated fat.
Who craves hummus?
Last week I craved hummus for two days. Seems like that’s my limit before I cave. As a result, I finally
sent sweet-talked Big Daddy into going to the store for chick peas.
Most noteworthy, are they chickpeas or garbanzo beans? In addition, is prunes or dried plums?
You can make Sun Dried Tomato Hummus Recipe in minutes. If you don’t make hummus at home, start now. First off, it really is easy, better, and more economical than pre-made.
Furthermore, a big bonus to me is being able to control exactly what goes in my food especially fat and salt. Consequently, store-bought hummus is typically high in both. I prefer a chunky hummus which actually has less fat. As well, I use more red pepper and less salt and don’t miss the salty flavor by doing this.
Additionally, sun-dried tomatoes add great flavor and beautiful color to liven up basic hummus.
Sun Dried Tomato Hummus Recipe
Yield 3 cups
Sun Dried Tomato Hummus Recipe is creamy, spicy, and has a nice earthy flavor from the sun-dried tomatoes. Hummus is addictive thanks to the creamy texture. Thankfully, it's also packed with nutrients.
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, more if you like it creamier
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, more if you like it spicy
- 4 cloves roasted garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- First of all, drain the chickpeas.
- Spread a towel on the counter and spread the chickpeas in a single layer on the towel. Using another towel on top, lightly rub them. This will loosen the outer hull. Pick hulls out and discard.
- Add chickpeas, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, salt, and red pepper to a food processor.
- Pulse 8 to 10 times to process the chickpeas.
- Finally, with processor on low, drizzle in the olive oil until desired consistency. Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking.
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.
Sun Dried Tomato Hummus Recipe
- First of all, I personally prefer hummus served with pita chips. In a pinch, it’s also good with vegetable chips or wheat chips.
- Also, try dipping fresh or roasted vegetables in hummus for even more crunch and fewer calories.
- Try using hummus as a spread on sandwiches and in wraps instead of high-in-fat mayonnaise.
- Finally, I prefer roasted garlic in this recipe. To roast, first, wrap a head of garlic in aluminum foil. Next , simply bake the garlic in a 400-degree oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until soft.