Before sharing this super quick 15 Minute Apple Pie Bites recipe with you, let’s play
What’s in PMc’s Purse!
It’s the lastest craze, you’ll def want to be in on it. 😉
I know, random.
Normally in carpool line, I catch up on my reading and give my mind a break from blogging. Today, however, I thought I’d bring my laptop and do a couple of posts. Instead, what am I doing? I’m cleaning out my purse! I am finding the weirdest things deep down in the depths of it!
What’s in PMc’s purse?
- Pumpkin seeds
- safety pins
- lip balm
- eye drops
- LEGO man
- mmmm, and flour tortillas (no lie)
Ok, let me explain the tortillas. I didn’t want them when the boys and I had dinner at the local Mexican cantina. I mean, they really give you a lot of food at Mexican restaurants. I thought I’d bring them home to eat later.
I forgot about them for 2 days.
I was looking for a pen in my purse and, boom, there it was!
What about you? What’s the weirdest thing in your purse?
So now that task is out of the way, let’s get to these 15 Minute Apple Pie Bites. I’ve had a lot of opportunities recently for appetizer potlucks that I’ve had to prepare. Because it’s been so hectic recently. I haven’t planned well. I was running out of time and wanted something Super Woman fast!
I would recommend you use not a tart apple for this but something sweeter like a Gala. Actually, the Gala variety is good for cooking, eating raw, making apple pie or apple butter with. It’s my go-to apple! Do you have a favorite apple?
Secondly, if you purchase the pre-formed phyllo tarts and don’t make your own, like I did, you’ll save even more time! I had phyllo sheets that I needed to use.
- 1 Gala apple
- 24 phyllo shells or 8 sheets phyllo dough
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 3 T self-rising flour
- 1/4 c butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Dice apple small and place in a small bowl. Add lemon juice so the apples don't turn brown.
- Place tart shells on cookie sheet. If using phyllo sheets, layer four and cut them evenly into 12 squares, repeat with second set of 4 sheets. Press into a mini muffin tin and spread corners back.
- Drain apples and place about 1 T of apples into each tart shell.
- Mix brown sugar, flour, butter and cinnamon, mixture will be coarse and crumbly. Place about 1 T mixture over apples.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes until tops are brown.
©CallMePMc.com All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
You may also like some of these recipes
Cinnamon Roll Bread
For more scrumptious recipes, fun projects, and exciting news, subscribe to Call Me PMc