Caramel Brownies are sweet, soft, chewy, buttery with deep caramel notes. A simple dessert recipe that’s perfectly rich, moist, indulgent, and ready in 30 minutes!
Technically, Caramel Brownies are really blondies. Blondies do not have cocoa in them, but brownies do. It was an error on my part that I didn’t realize until this post was already published.
This dessert recipe is gooey and sweet. It’s a lot like fudgy in texture; they’re moist, buttery, and creamy. They have a ‘crusty’ top that adds a nice crisp texture before you bite into the rich caramel.
These bars are DELICIOUS warm with vanilla ice cream!
Caramel Brownies are quick and easy to make and great as lunch box treats. They dense and sturdy and hold up well in lunch boxes that may get banged around by your little ones.
- The crisp top comes from beating the eggs until they foamy and fluffy. Don’t cut back on this step; that crackly top is so nice to bite into.
- I used pecans because I like pecans and I always have them on hand. You may use your favorite nut or whatever you have on hand.
- As well, I used 3/4 cup of pecans. You can use more, the batter could def hold up to 1 and 1/2 cups of nuts if you want more crunch and less buttery caramel.
Shop this post
- This KitchenAid mixer is my favorite kitchen appliance.
- I prefer a 9×13 inch baking pan that also has a lid.
- A non-stick aluminum foil is my new favorite product. If you don’t have non-stick, but sure to spray your foil generously.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Line a 9 x 13 baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick spray.
- Spread chopped pecans evenly on bottom of the pan, set aside.
- Gradually add brown sugar and mix until well blended.
- Adjust mixer to low and add salt, vanilla, flour, and cinnamon. Mix until combined.
- Carefully pour batter over pecans in pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- A 'crust' will form on top and the center will set when done.
As a busy mom, Paula saw the need to simplify cooking and meal prep without sacrificing flavor. She provides simple recipes and time-saving strategies for delicious and nutritious meals for your family. Please share CallMePMc.com with your friends.