Sometimes I think my family will begin growing feathers we have chicken so much. It’s just so versatile. Chicken can also healthy, depending on how you cook it. Since it’s May and we’ll be heading to the beach in a few weeks, I thought I might try to eat a little healthier in anticipation of wearing a swimsuit in front of hundreds of strangers. Although I want to eat healthy, I also don’t want to cook 3 or 4 different meals for the boys. We all love chicken and even though this isn’t straight-up chicken like Lincoln and Ryder prefer, they tried it and liked it. If my picky eaters liked it, I’ll say it’s a ‘Kid Friendly’ meal as well. That’s pretty much a win win, don’t you think?Iit’s healthy and the kids like it! BAM!!
I’ve made this Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts for years. It’s healthy, but still very flavorful. You could make if almost no carb by leaving off the breadcrumbs if no carb is your thing.
Pound chicken flat and season
Add cheese to chicken and roll
Place in a casserole dish and season outside
Sprinkle breadcrumbs on top
Top with parmesan cheese
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 c dry Italian dressing mix
- 1/4 c bread crumbs
- 1/4 c parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Slice each breast horizontally so there is 2 thin pieces
- Flatten each breast, additionally, between two sheets of plastic wrap.
- Sprinkle Italian dressing mix on breasts.
- Top each breast with one slice provolone cheese.
- Roll each breast tightly and place in a casserole dish that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Repeat process with remaining breasts.
- Sprinkle additional seasoning and bread crumbs over all chicken breasts.
- Sprinkly parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake uncovered 25 minutes.
This time one year ago…