- 1 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3 cup granulated sugar
- 6 eggs*
- 3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 4 teaspoon orange zest divided
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest divided
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 to 3 Tablespoon fresh orange juice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Beat butter and shortening at medium speed until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, and salt in another bowl. Add to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed until blended after each addition. Stir in 2 tsp orange zest, 1 tsp lemon zest and 1/4 c fresh lemon juice. Pour batter into a greased and floured 10 inch Bundt pan. (I used 3 smaller Bundt pans.)
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 5 minutes to 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely before glazing. (For my 3 smaller pans, I baked a total of 55 minutes.) Start watching the cake(s) at the minimum time suggested as every oven cooks differently.
- For Glaze: Whisk together powdered sugar, orange juice and remaining 2 tsp orange zest and 1 tsp lemon zest until smooth. Spoon over cake(s).
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you, Paula
Citrus Bundt Cake