Easy Bacon Potatoes is a scalloped potato recipe and a favorite recipe with my family.
As you know, I’m a runner. I’ve run since I was 9 or 10, ran Cross Country in high school, ran during my pregnancies and I’m very proud to have completed my first half marathon in March. Run. Run. Run. It’s what I do, it’s my other passion. It keeps me sane. (don’t say it!)
I record my workouts on Map My Run and I just got my stats for the first half of 2013. I’ve run 574.7 miles. That breaks down to 95.783 per month. I want to get that up to 100 per month for the second half of the year. I’ve logged 138 workouts or an average of 23 per month. I’d like to see that number 25 per month. Here’s the biggie, I’ve burned approximately 49,081 calories!! That’s 14 pounds!! Yikes! I mean, yikes, that’s good, but holy cow, does that mean I would have gained 14 pounds if I had not been running?
So. People ask me all the time, how do cook all that food and keep your weight down! Well, that’s it. Running. Besides running, I also can’t sit still for very long so that’s a good thing when it comes to controlling your weight…not so much when you try to watch a movie!)
I’m all about some carbs; potatoes, pasta, rice, sushi
wait, where was I? oh yeah, potatoes
I bought this Hidden Valley spread a while back and have been putting it on sandwiches and that’s all. Yesterday as I was trying to decide what side dishes to make with my Lamb Lollipops, I thought I’d try it in potatoes. I wanted something like scalloped potatoes. So I came up with these Easy Bacon Potatoes. I liked the smoky bacon flavor and creamy-ness it added to the potatoes.
Easy Bacon Potatoes
- 2 c potatoes peeled and sliced thin (about 4 potatoes)
- 1/4 c Greek yogurt
- 1/2 c Hidden Valley Smoked Bacon Ranch spread
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 spring rosemary
- 1/2 tsp rosemary chopped
- 4 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 c shredded cheddar cheese
- Fill a large pan with water. salt water and add rosemary sprig.
- Boil potatoes in water and drain, discarding rosemary sprig.
- Mix yogurt, spread and black pepper.
- Fold potatoes into yogurt mixture, careful not to break potatoes.
- Place in a shallow casserole dish and top with cheese and bacon.
- Bake at 350 degrees 20 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted.
Here’s a great main dish suggestion for you with the Easy Bacon Potatoes!
Grilled Lamb Lollipops