This Extreme Rice has an amazingly rich flavor from the French onion soup, mushrooms, and pimentos. It's an easy, side dish that goes perfectly with chicken, beef, and fish. This one-pan dish is a delicious meal side.
- 1 cup rice uncooked
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 10-ounce can condensed French onion soup
- 1 4-ounce can sliced mushrooms
- 1 4-ounce jar pimentos diced or sliced
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon each garlic powder, salt, and ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Mix all the ingredients together and pour into a 2 quart casserole dish. Bake uncovered 45 minutes.
- Check casserole and bake an additional 5 to 10 minutes if it still isn't set. The broth and soup should be almost all cooked out of the rice.
Optional: Spread 1 cup grated cheddar cheese on top for the last 10 minutes of cooking time.
Actually, the almonds are optional as well. But, if you opt out of all the goodies, well it just would not be Extreme Rice.
©CallMePMc.com All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.
For dinner, I’d choose one protein item listed above, Extreme Rice, Caramelized Onion Tart, Peach Caprese Salad with Balsamic, and Skinny Bailey’s Banana Smoothie (as dessert and after dinner cocktail!)