Why are these ‘fake-out healthy’ you ask!?
Well, because they’re healthy, but if I’d called them Healthy Pancakes or Protein Pancakes my boys (including Big Daddy) would NEVER have tried them.
I put sprinkles in them and call them
Genius, I know! Go on… this should get like a Nobel Prize for Creativity!!! I think I’ll make myself a banner…
ok, enough gloating, just look
I used Arrowhead Mills Buttermilk Pancake and Waffle Mix (organic) and I have also used Jiffy Baking Mix
Light fluffy pancakes studded with sprinkles are perfect for festive celebrations!
- 2 c baking mix*
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 scoop protein powder*
- 1 T candy sprinkles
- 1/3 c apple sauce
- 1 c + 3 T 2% milk
- *for specific product brands see post
- Heat griddle on medium. I use a non-stick griddle.
- Mix baking mix, eggs, protein, applesauce and milk. Mix will be loose.
- Set aside 5 minutes while griddle is heating. Batter will thicken.
- Using an ice cream scoop, pour one scoop full on hot griddle. Sprinkle top with a pinch of sprinkles (or as many as you like). Cook until bubbles form in middle and edges begin to dry. Flip to second side and cook until brown.
- Only flip once and you're pancake will be fluffier.
Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest for Facebook. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe.
This time last year, my blog was new! This is what I shared!
Click picture for recipe!