Filled with sausage and topped with cheddar, Baked Fiery Sausage Jalapenos couldn’t be a more perfect entertaining appetizer. A simple bite-size appetizer packed with flavor that comes together quickly and easily with just four ingredients.
Fiery Sausage Jalapenos have just the right amount of heat mixed with gooey cheese. Cooked until the pepper is soft, but still firm enough to hold together, these stuffed jalapeno peppers make an easy make-ahead appetizer or tailgating recipe.
I love good Fiery Sausage Jalapenos. Some jalapenos are hotter than others and I have no idea how you can tell before you bite into one, therefore, I always use a mild pork sausage.
Just enough cream cheese is used to hold the sausage together. I don’t recommend using light or fat-free cream cheese for this recipe.
I used a cheddar Colby cheese mixture. Cheddar tends to be really oily and I prefer this mixture. You can use your favorite cheese or whatever cheese you have on hand.
I baked these Fiery Sausage Jalapenos instead of grilling them. I’m not much on grilling. In fact, I don’t grill. I leave the grilling to my husband and oldest son. Even though it’s hot outside, I really wanted a jalapeno popper recipe that I could cook in the oven for convenience. Of course, they can be grilled if you prefer.
Fiery Sausage Jalapenos
- Clean, half, and core your jalapenos. I used a spoon to remove the seeds and spine from the jalapenos. I recommend using gloves for this process and don’t touch your face. Remove and discard gloves and wash hands thoroughly afterward.
- Chorizo is a good substitution for the pork sausage.
- Fiery Sausage Jalapenos are good alone or with my Wowee Maui sauce.
- This is a great deal on 2-pack sheet pans for baking!
WHILE YOU’RE HERE, CHECK OUT THESE RECIPES
Fiery Sausage Jalapenos
- 1 pound mild pork sausage
- 2 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup cheddar/Colby cheese shredded
- 10 jalapeno peppers washed, halved, cored, and seeded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Cook sausage in a skillet until done.
- Mix sausage with cream cheese.
- Fill halved jalapeno peppers with sausage mixture.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Place on a sheet pan.
- Repeat with all jalapeno and mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
As a busy mom, Paula saw the need to simplify cooking and meal prep without sacrificing flavor. She provides simple recipes and time-saving strategies for delicious and nutritious meals for your family. Please share CallMePMc.com with your friends.