Fresh Strawberry Sauce is an easy, delicious fresh sauce recipe that great with pancakes, ice cream, and cakes. It’s like biting into a fresh, juicy strawberry.
Make your own Fresh Strawberry Sauce with only four ingredients. Super easy, delicious and can be made in just minutes.
Often times, if you have a couple staples on hand you can create a great dessert in minutes when unexpected guests visit. I like to keep some of this Strawberry Sauce ready for just those occasions. It is such a versatile sauce. I serve it hot or cold and recommend using it in these ways:
- Over ice cream or frozen yogurt
- Over Pound Cake or Angel Food Cake (with or without ice cream)
- Over waffles or pancakes (with cool whip!)
- Over plain cheesecake
Can you think of more ways to serve this yummy sauce?
This strawberry sauce bright and tasty, it's like biting into a fresh strawberry. Versatile and easy, it's great with pancakes, cakes, and ice cream.
- 1 1/4 cups fresh or frozen strawberries
- 3/4 c sugar
- 1 T plus 3/4 tsp cornstarch
- 2 T water
- In a saucepan, combine strawberries and sugar; bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and cold water; whisk. Add cornstarch mixture to strawberries and whisk to combine. Bring to a boil and continue boiling 5 minutes or until sauce is thick. Set aside. Sauce will thicken more upon cooling.
- *for a thinner sauce add an additional 1/2 c water. Make this addition to the strawberries and sugar and water, boil. Continue recipe with adding cornstarch.
You may also like these sauces: