- 1 c steel cut oats
- 1 c coconut water
- 1 1/2 c almond milk unsweetened (I prefer the vanilla flavor)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder optional
- Toppings: 1 T craisins dried cranberries, 1/2 T flax seed 1 tsp nutritional yeast*
- In a slow cooker combine the oats, coconut water, almond milk and protein powder; whisk to combine. Turn on low and cook 3 to 4 hours until the oats are soft and most of the liquid is absorbed. Serve in bowl and top with craisins, flax seed and nutritional yeast.
- Combine oats, coconut water, almond milk and protein powder in a medium size pan; whisk to combine. Turn to low and cook 20 to 30 minutes or until oats are soft and most of the liquid is absorbed. Serve and top with craisins, flax seed and nutritional yeast.
Recipe from CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
- Omega-3 fatty acids or ‘good’ fats have been shown to have heart-healthy effects. Each tablespoon of flaxseed contains about 1.8 grams of plant omega-3s.
- Lignans have plant estrogen and antioxidant qualities and contains up to 800 times more lignans than other plant foods.
- Fiber – Flaxseed contains both soluble and insoluble fiber (Source)
Nutritional Yeast is a source of protein and vitamins, especially B-complex vitamins. It is also a complete protein. It’s low in fat and sodium and doesn’t contain sugar, dairy, or gluten. (Source)