Oreo Frosted Chocolate Cupcakes
- Oreo Frosting
- 2 one lb packages powdered sugar
- 1 c vegetable shortening
- 1/2 c warm water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c Oreo crumbs (about 12 cookies)
- 5 eggs, separated
- 1/2 c butter, softened
- 1/2 c shortening
- 2 c sugar
- 2 1/4 c all-purpose flour
- 1/4 c unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 c buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Directions for Frosting
- Process Oreos in a food processor into crumbs.
- Beat shortening until smooth. With mixer on low, add sugar 1 cup at a time. Blend each addition until smooth. Add water and vanilla and mix until smooth. If mixture is too thick add 1 T of water until desired consistency. Fold in cookie crumbs.
- Tip: Make beforehand and store in an air tight container until needed.
- Frost cookies. You can either spread frosting on with a cake spatula or decorator bag and tip. I used Wilton 4B frosting tip.
- Beat egg whites at high speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form; set aside.
- Beat butter and shortening until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs one at a time, beating until blended after each addition
- Combine flour, cocoa, and baking soda ; add to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.Beat at low speed until blended after each addition. Fold in egg whites. Using an ice cream scoop fill cupcake tins 3/4 full.
- Bake at 325 degrees 18 to 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool. Cool completely before frosting.
- When cool, frost with Oreo Frosting
©CallMePMc.com All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.