This Oriental Salad with Sweet & Sour Dressing would be great served with Orange & Jalapeno Marinaded Grilled Flat Iron Steak!This is a healthy and versatile salad. You can also add grilled chicken or steak for an entree’ salad.
Oriental Salad with Sweet & Sour Dressing
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup walnuts chopped
- 1 package romen noodles uncooked & broken up (discard flavor packet)
- 3 Tablespoon butter
- 1 head iceburg lettuce torn into bite size pieces
- 2 green onions sliced
- 2 cup broccoli florets chopped
- In a mason jar, pour all dressing ingredients close lid and shake vigorously 30 seconds. Use desired amount on Oriental Salad. Refrigerate any unused dressing.
- Heat a sauce pan to medium. Melt butter. Cook walnuts and noodles in butter until toasted. Add broccoli and heat through, but do not cook. Layer lettuce in a bowl. Top with onions, broccoli, nuts and noodles. Pour Sweet & Sour Dressing over before serving.