Panko Crusted Baked Fried Green Tomatoes with Lulus Wow Sauce is my healthier version of the copycat restaurant favorite.
However, these are a lot healthier and taste just as amazing. Serve them with Lulus Wow Sauce for a tasty appetizer.
I bake a lot of vegetables instead of frying and still maintain that crispy outside that is so desirable. Check out my recipes for Baked Breaded Cauliflower Bites with Peanut Butter Dipping Sauce, Panko Baked Cauliflower with Yogurt Hot Sauce, Skinny Baked Breaded Cauliflower with Almond Butter Sauce, Bang Bang Baked Cauliflower Bites with Peanut Butter Sauce. Lulus Wow Sauce is great with any of the baked cauliflower recipes, but I especially love it with this Panko Crusted Broccoli.
Panko Crusted Baked Fried Green Tomatoes with Lulus Wow Sauce recipe
If you’re looking for a healthy and tasty appetizer, Panko Crusted Baked Fried Green Tomatoes with Lulus Wow Sauce will blow you away. the green tomatoes are crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. I actually prefer green tomatoes baked this way rather tan fried, plus they’re a lot better fro you.
Now, I’ll have to admit the Lulus Wow Sauce is a diet splurge, but well worth it. It’s creamy and zesty and really a must have with these Panko Crusted Baked Fried Green Tomatoes. The crunchy tomatoes with the creamy sauce is the perfect combo.
You can get the Lulus Wow Sauce recipe here > Lulus Wow Sauce
Panko Crusted Baked Fried Green Tomatoes with Lulus Wow Sauce
- 2 to 3 medium-sized green tomatoes cut into thin slices
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a sheet tray with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Place panko in a shallow bowl.
- Add eggs to another bowl.
- Slice tomatoes and pat dry.
- Sprinkle tomato slices evenly with salt and pepper.
- Dredge tomato slices in egg then in panko to coat evenly.
- Place on sheet tray.
- Bake 30 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- Remove and cool on a wire rack.