- 1/3 c brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg Nutmeg is strong, omit if you don't like or adjust amount
- 1/2 c finely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 c sugar
- 2 c all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 c milk
- 1/3 c oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 c creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease one 9x5x3 inch loaf pan. In a small bowl, combine 1/3 brown sugar, nuts, and cinnamon; set aside. In a large bowl, combine 1 c sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt. In another bowl, beat egg with a fork; stir in milk. vanilla, and oil. Stir in peanut butter. Add egg mixture to flour mixture all at once and stir. Stir until just moistened. Mixture will be thick and lumpy. Don't over-stir. Over-stirring will make the bread tough.
- Pour half the batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle all the cinnamon mixture. Pour remaining batter on top and 'cut' through it with a knife to create swirl effect..
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes then remove to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing. Makes one loaf.
This bread is great alone with a little butter on it, but you may also want to see what else I do with it!
Banana Bread Bananas Foster
See my Elvis Series that inspired this creation!
Elvis Tour Part 1 – Birthplace
Elvis Tour Part 2 – Elvis Inspired Guitars and Favorite Restaurants
Elvis Tour Part 3 – Favorite Restaurant and Inspired Food
Elvis Tour Part 4 – Fairpark and Tupelo Hardware