Roasted garlic makes everything you add it to better and my buttery mased potatoes are no exception. Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes is the bees knees in the mashed potato world!!
|Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes|
- 3 lb Yukon gold potatoes
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 stick 1/2 c real butter
- 1/2 c heavy cream or half and half
- 2 c shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cloves roasted garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wrap garlic bulb in foil and roast in oven at 300 degrees 45 minutes. Remove and smash 3 cloves with a fork. Set aside.
- Wash and cube potates. Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Add 1/2 T salt to water. Bring to a boil. Boil approximately 20 minutes. Cook time will depend on how large you cube the potatoes. They will be done when fork tender. Drain potatoes reserving some of the liquid. (I add the potatoes back to the hot pan.) Add cream cheese, butter, heavy cream, roasted garlic, salt and pepper to potatoes. Mash and stir until everything is incorporated and potatoes are the consistency you like. Add cheese and stir until cheese melts. Add reserved liquid (or more heavy cream) if necessary.
©CallMePMc.com All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words, or link back to this post for the recipe.