Creamy and rich, you’d never know this ice cream is skinny!
The bonus? It comes together in minutes with only four, yes four, ingredients!
Try my Skinny Cake Batter No Churn Ice Cream now!
Skinny Cake Batter No Churn Ice Cream, could it get any better?
I had a blast making this Skinny Cake Batter No Churn Ice Cream. It may, if fact, be the easiest dessert that I’ve ever made. Only four ingredients make up this delicious dessert. You could purchase the cake and be down to three ingredients; you may sacrifice the ‘skinny’ part if you do that though.
So how did I make it skinny?
And, how can made with only four ingredients??
So here’s a little secret, you can make a cake using just a cake mix and diet soda! I know, scandalous, right? So all you do is combine the cake mix and the diet soda in a bowl. I used diet Sprite. I didn’t want a dark soda that would alter the color of my cake. I used the Funfetti cake mix because I knew I’d be making this into ice cream, but you can do this with any flavor of cake. Bake cake according to instructions on cake and let it cool completely. I made a 9×13 cake.
Using the diet soda made the cake part of this recipe low-calorie. For the other two ingredients I used fat-free sweetened condensed milk and fat-free whipped topping.
This would be a great recipe to have the children help with. It would also be a great recipe, if you made a cake that either fell while baking or stuck to the pan.
Skinny Cake Batter No Churn Ice Cream
Yield 12 servings
Creamy and rich, you'd never know this ice cream is skinny! The bonus? It comes together in minutes with only four, yes four, ingredients! Try my Skinny Cake Batter No Churn Ice Cream now!
- 1 (15.25 oz) box cake mix, any flavor, I used Funfetti but you could use any flavor to change it up.
- 1 can (12 oz) diet soda, I used diet Sprite
- 16 oz container fat free whipped topping, I used Cool Whip (you could use lite or regular whipped topping)
- 1 (14 oz) can fat free sweetened condensed milk (you could use regular)
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix and 12 oz diet soda. Stir to combine. Pour into cake pan. You can bake it in layers or a sheet pan. Use the instructions on the cake mix box as your guide for baking times. When done, remove and allow to cool.
- *You will only need half of the cake for this recipe*
- Whisk sweetened condensed milk and whipped cream until combined. Break HALF of the cake into large chunks and stir into the milk mixture. Allow some of the cake to stay in chunks.
- Pour mixture into a freezer save container that has a lid.
- I like to place plastic wrap directly on the ice cream then put the top on container.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours. Store in freezer up to 4 weeks.
*Optional- you could sprinkle chopped pecans, walnuts, almonds or pistachios over ice cream before freezing.Recipe from Paula @CallMePMc.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission that includes copying the ingredient list or entire recipe and posting in the comments on Pinterest. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you, Paula
Serving Size 1/12 or recipe
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 3.925 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
One month ago: Hamburger Steak with Caramelized Onions and Brown Gravy
One year ago: Cinnamon Roll Pie
RELATED POSTS click picture for recipe