Caramelized onions brings tons of flavor and amps up traditional cornbreadin my Sweet Onion Cornbread recipe.
Well, I hate to admit when I make a mistake. This post was supposed to be about Broccoli Cornbread. But, I accidently picked up frozen spinach instead of broccoli at the grocery. So, I had to get creative. Sweet Onion Cornbread is what I came up with! Sometimes, kitchen accidents turn out to be, well, not so bad!!
Caramelized onions offers tons of flavor and amps up traditional cornbread in my Sweet Onion Cornbread recipe.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups diced Vidalia onions
- 1 package Jeffy cornbread mix
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Saute' 1/2 cup butter with 2 diced Vidalia onions until carmelized.
- Mix until blended the Jeffy cornbread mix, milk, egg, sour cream, cheddar cheese, salt, and caramelized onions.
- Fill muffin tins or 2 small cast iron skillets 3/4 full with mixture.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 2 to 3 minutes in the pan before inverting on a wire rack to cool. Serve warm or room temperature.