The Ultimate Blueberry Cheesecake is full of sweet, juicy blueberries in every creamy bite!
My Mother loves blueberry desserts. Any time I can do something special for her, well, I do. She’s my Mom, she’s always done whatever I’ve asked from sewing for me, helping paint my house, baby sitting my kids, dog sitting my puppy, making my favorite dessert. The list could go on and on.
Ultimate Blueberry Cheesecake
I made a lot of different flavors of cheesecake before but not blueberry. It received rave reviews! Cheesecake is not a dessert you can whip up in 30 minutes and have sitting before your guests. They are not difficult, but it does reguire a slow cooking process to prevent the cheesecake from cracking.
It’s decadent and sinfully delicious! And totally worth every second it takes to make it!
|Ultimate Blueberry Cheesecake|
- 2 c graham crackers crushed fine
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1/4 c butter melted
- 3 8 oz packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 c sugar
- 3 T all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 8 oz container sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 T lemon zest
- 1 1/2 c fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 T flour
- Optional: whipped cream
- Prepare spring form pan by spraying with non-stick spray and wrapping the bottom with aluminum foil. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Fill a 9 x 13 cake pan with 1 inch of water. Set water bath on lowest rack in oven.
- Combine crushed graham crackers, sugar, and butter in a small bowl. Press mixture into bottom and 1 inch up sides of a 9 inch spring form pan. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Add 1 1/4 c sugar, 3 T flour, and salt. Beat until blended and smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until just blended. Add sour cream, vanilla, and lemon zest until just blended.
- Sprinkle blueberries with 1 T flour, shake to coat on all sides. Sift excess flour off berries.
- Carefully fold blueberries into cream cheese mixture, careful not to break berries.
- Pour mixture into prepared spring form pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 1 hour 10 minutes or until center is firm. Turn off oven. Let cheesecake stand in oven 30 minutes with door partially open.
- Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack. Cover and chill 8 hours before serving.
- Serve with whipped cream.
- Yield: 8 servings.
- Prep time: 30 minutes
- Bake time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Stand time: 1 hour
- Chill time: 8 hours