Mojito Grilled Chicken Tacos recipe
Mojito Grilled Chicken Tacos recipe with Strawberry Avocado Salsa is light and refreshing. A simple and easy marinade gives this Mojito Grilled Chicken an incredible flavor! Bright strawberry and creamy avocado make a unique texture and flavor combination and the perfect way to top your Mojito Grilled Chicken Tacos!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 8 minutes
Total Time 18 minutes
Servings 8 servings
- 4 medium chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1/4 cup fresh mint I use stems and leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- juice and zest of 1 lime about 2 tablespoon juice and 1 teaspoon zest, more is okay
- 1- ounce white rum
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 to 10 6-inch tortillas flour or corn
- spring mix lettuce or your favorite lettuce
- sour cream
- Strawberry Avocado Salsa see link in post for recipe
- one squeeze of lime juice on each taco
- one squeeze of Sriracha sauce on each taco
Combine mint, salt, pepper, lime juice, lime zest, rum, and olive oil in a zip top bag.
Muddle or crush to release mint oil and flavor.
Add chicken and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour.
Preheat grill to 400 degrees.
Place chicken breast on the grill. Cook 4 to 5 minutes on the first side before turning.
Turn and cook another 3 to 4 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
Remove chicken from grill and allow to rest 4 to 5 minutes before slicing.
Slice chicken and place 3 to 4 pieces in the tortilla.
Top with lettuce, strawberry avocado salsa and other toppings of your choice.
- Prep time is less than 10 minutes, however, allow time for the chicken to marinate. I suggest one hour, but not more than 2 hours.
Calories: 236kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 628mg | Potassium: 472mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 94IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 2mg