Cheesy Sour Cream Chicken
Cheesy Sour Cream Chicken is marinated chicken smothered in sour cream and coated in parmesan cheese, a meal the whole family loves for dinner!
Servings 6 servings
- 4 large chicken breasts skinless, boneless, pounded flat*
- 1 cup Pepper Jack cheese shredded
- 1 cup sour cream *see post above for substitutions
- ¾ cup Parmesan freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic fresh, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper or cayenne
- ¼ cup butter crackers crushed
- parsley or rosemary fresh, for garnish
Preheat your oven to 375°F and spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with non-stick spray.
Pound or cut the chicken so that each breast is about the same thickness. This way it will cook in the same amount of time. Place it in the prepared dish.
Top the chicken with one cup shredded Pepper Jack cheese.
Mix together the sour cream, half cup of the freshly grated Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder, and red pepper.
Smother the chicken with the sour cream mixture covering it completely.
Sprinkle the last 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese and the 1/4 cup crushed butter crackers over the chicken.
Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.
Uncover the chicken and cook another 15 to 20 minutes or until the top is browned and the chicken is cooked through.
Calories: 379kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 142mg | Sodium: 723mg | Potassium: 638mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 561IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 342mg | Iron: 1mg