Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Roast and Pepper Hoagie Sandwiches
Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Roast and Pepper Hoagie Sandwiches super easy, full of flavor and a little messy.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 6 hours
Servings 12 servings
- 2 to 2.5 pound chuck roast boneless
- 15 ounce can fire roasted tomatoes
- 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1/2 cup onion sliced
- 1 medium bell pepper any color (I used 1 red and 1 yellow bell pepper)
- 16 ounce jar pepperoncini peppers or banana peppers
- 1 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 clove minced fresh garlic
- 12 slices cheese use your favorite or what you have on hand (provolone, cheddar, mozzarella)
- fresh hoagie rolls
Place roast in a slow cooker. Turn slow cooker on low.
Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, onion, bell pepper, pepperoncini peppers, black pepper, salt, and garlic powder.
Cook on low 6 to 8 hours.
Remove roast from pan and shred. Return to pan and stir.
Toast rolls with cheese until golden brown and cheese is melted.
Spoon meat and sauce over roll.
Calories: 286kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 601mg | Potassium: 553mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1087IU | Vitamin C: 48mg | Calcium: 237mg | Iron: 3mg