Cheesy Chicken and Rice
One Pot Cheesy Chicken contains family favorite flavors and ingredients you have in stock. Tender chicken in a creamy, cheesy sauce in this easy and delicious meal.
Servings 6 servings
- 4 large chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 1 and 1/2 cup milk* I used 2%
- 10.5 ounce can cream of mushroom soup*
- 1 and 1/2 cup Velveeta cheese grated (it grates easier when really cold)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil*
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper or to taste
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
Preheat oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit.
Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
Butterfly and flatten 4 chicken breasts to a uniform thickness.
Drizzle vegetable oil over both sides of chicken.
Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of chicken.
Dredge chicken in flour and coat both sides then add chicken to casserole dish.
Bake at 325 degrees fahrenheit for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk milk and cream of mushroom soup. Add cheese and whisk to combine all.
Turn chicken and pour cheese mixture over chicken. Return to oven and bake another 15 to 20 minutes.
Remove from oven and allow to cool 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- You can substitute evaporated milk, whole, skim, 1% or 2% milk.
- I used fat free cream of mushroom soup and couldn't tell a difference compared to when I used regular cream of mushroom soup.
- *Melted butter can be substituted for vegetable oil.
- I don't recommend olive oil.
Calories: 469kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 49g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 130mg | Sodium: 1588mg | Potassium: 916mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 725IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 418mg | Iron: 1mg