Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars with Chocolate Crust
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars with Chocolate Crust - creamy cheesecake that's studded with chocolate chips sits on a rich, dark chocolate cookie crust.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 24 servings
- 2 and ½ cups chocolate graham crackers crushed
- 10 tablespoons butter melted (real butter, no substitutions)
- ½ cup granulated sugar for the crust
- 24 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar for the cream cheese mixture
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips mini or regular or whatever you have.
Spray a 9x13 inch pan or 9-inch springform pan with non-stick spray or line it with aluminum foil and spray the foil.
Combine crackers crumbs, butter and 1/2 cup sugar.
Pour mixture into pan and firmly press evenly on bottom. Allow this to sit and cool while preparing the cream cheese mixture.
Preheat oven to 350°F
In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth.
Add 3/4 cup sugar and continue to cream.
Add eggs one at a time and beat until just combined before adding another egg.
Add buttermilk and vanilla, beat until smooth.
Stir chocolate chips in by hand.
Pour into prepared pan.
Bake 25 minutes at 350 degrees. Turn oven off and allow to sit in hot oven 5 minutes.
Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Refrigerate at least 2 hours before cutting.
Refrigerate any leftovers.
- Cook time listed above does not account for cooling time.
- I prefer dark chocolate chips for this recipe, but any will work.
- Cold cheesecake cuts much smoother and easier.
Calories: 269kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 212mg | Potassium: 69mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 586IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 1mg